Thursday, February 26, 2009

WALTER HEATH-YOU KNOW YOU'RE WRONG DON'T YOU BROTHER 7"

WALTER HEATH- "YOU KNOW YOU'RE WRONG DON'T YOU BROTHER"- 7" SINGLE- BUDDAH RECORDS- 1975
I honestly know very little about Walter Heath as a musician, and as is the case with 45's, there's not too much you can learn about an artist without liner notes (though an internet search can yield you some very informative results). What I do know is that this is a high quality track right here with a very positive, yet critical, social message. In Obama's America (Obamerica anyone?) social/political consciousness is on the rise, which is a good thing, as is personal responsibility, which as always a good thing as well. It's interesting how Walter Heath's message to drug dealers about "dealing death for a dollar" still rings true today 30 plus years after it was recorded. But let me stop sounding like a preacher. Now check the method...


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi,
I am Walter Heath, and thank you for such a wonderful review and keeping the music alive.
Peace

Unknown said...

By the way, I do have a CD I released earlier this year. You can check it out at www.heathsongs.com.

My new CD's goal is about nourishing the soul’s journey on the path of service to mankind.