Monday, February 23, 2009

Spiritual Jazz: Doug & Jean Carn- Higher Ground LP


DOUG & JEAN CARN- HIGHER GROUND- LP- OVATION RECORDS- 1976
High quality vocal spiritual jazz LP by the husband-wife duo of Doug and Jean Carn. The players on the album are a who's who of rare groove soul-funk-jazz of the time and the near future: Doug Carn on keys and vocals, Ronnie Laws on sax, Calvin Keys on guitar, Big Black on percussion, Harvey Mason (called Harold on the record cover) on drums. Jean Carn would go on to a successful career in more mainstream soul/funk, but this shows you where she and Doug were at with there music in the mid-70s. The cover of Coltrane's "Naima" is my personal favorite track on the LP.

Get it here

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks, I've been looking for this.

Anonymous said...

Genial post and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you for your information.

eco hotels said...

Amazing and very professional information on "Spiritual Jazz: Doug & Jean Carn- Higher Ground LP". I like to learn more about the subject. Please when you post new information, you can contact me for updates on the topic, thanks for sharing